Teacher of Physical Education required to commence Sept 2020
The Link Academy Trust are seeking to appoint two full time Physical Education Teacher’s to deliver PE to pupils in Early Years, KS1 and KS2.
These posts are temporary, initially for one year, linked to Sports Grant funding and will be paid within Main Pay Scale M1-3.
Each Post will provide a PE provision over five schools;
- Moorland Schools & NA – Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Ilsington, Moretonhampstead, Hennock & Bearnes
- Mid & East Devon Schools – Drake’s, Otterton, Tedburn St Mary, Cheriton Bishop & Yeoford
You will join a small team of PE specialists working towards improving the quality of Physical Education delivered across the Link Academy Trust. We will offer you the prospect of teaching in a range of settings, being empowered to develop your own expert knowledge and skills. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to working to improve the outcomes for all our children, where your work life balance will be promoted.
We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed as a teacher, including mentoring and coaching.
You will need to be inspirational and reflective, show initiative, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful and growing team to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’. We expect you to liaise with parents, stakeholders and the community.
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
- A proactive and innovative candidate who is an excellent practitioner, confident in delivering high quality teaching across each activity area of our broad PE curriculum.
- A commitment to developing your own practice through engagement in professional learning in order to develop and implement the most current teaching strategies.
- An understanding of how pupils learn and flexibility to support the schools in offering an excellent experience to all our children, including enriching extra-curricular activities.
- Recognition of our amazing children; nurturing and supporting them, meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
- A committed approach to the wider school community and engagement with them.
- A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children under your care the best you can
The Link Academy Trust vision that we are ‘stronger together’ is integral to everything we do, you can rely on colleagues across the Trust to support and guide, you will be listened to and heard. Everything we do we all believe in; cutting-edge small schools are the core of our vision and values.
‘Small schools, big opportunities’ is what we are all about.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see the links below to download an application form, job description and person specification
Completed forms should be returned to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 15th May 2020
Interview date: w/c 18th May 2020