Our Values are the bedrock upon which the school is built. They enable us to live out our school vision every day. Our core values are elements of our character that we feel are vital to ensure we are the best version of ourselves and are ready to make a meaningful difference to the world around us. Our values are part-and-parcel of our curriculum design and feeds into all that we are and all that we do.
Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance, Forgiveness, Trust, Empathy
These are all lead by biblical reference, which can be seen in our set of six paintings created by the children to demonstrate this link - see our values paintings above.
As a church school we aim to demonstrate what these values may look like when practised in a community. Parents, teachers, pupils and others can see that courage, hope, peace, forgiveness, trust, compassion etc are indispensable to human flourishing.
Each fortnight, we focus on a specific value in collective worship. Click on the link for each value for ideas on sharing ideas about it at home, including stories, facts and fun activities.
- Monday – whole school introduction to value/theme/celebration, through biblical text.
- Tuesday – whole school or key stage based worship on value/theme, led by teachers or Rev Tom’s team.
- Wednesday – Whole school, visiting Open Book team or Out of the Box led by our Children’s Ethos Comm/Team.
- Thursday – Sing and Praise, value/theme developed through music.
- Friday – whole school celebration act of worship, including pupils’ achievements and recognition of living out our Christian values.
Here are some photos of the Open Book team in action!