The lead safeguarding officers in the school are:
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for our school is Jill Ryder Jill.Ryder@thelink.academy
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead for our school is LukeAnsermoz LukeAnsermoz@thelink.academy
The school procedure is as follows:
- Discuss concerns with the School Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (if DSL not on site)
- Concerns must be reported as soon as possible. It is much better to share a concern or worry than to keep it to yourself.
- The School DSL will make a decision as to whether outside agencies should be involved. This will usually be following advice from the Child Protection Threshold Team (CYPS)
- Write down as soon as possible what the pupil has told you, including the time, date, and names of other people involved.
- Confidentiality should never be promised, you have a legal obligation to share any concerns that involve a child being harmed or at risk of harm
- The pupil's welfare is paramount.
- If the concern relates to the conduct of another member of staff this must be reported to the Executive Headteacher.
Should the above be unavailable for any reason, please contact one of the other DSL’s within our Trust:-
Bearnes Primary School - Dan Turner 01626 353980
Broadhempston Primary School - Jill Ryder 01803 812689
Cheriton Bishop – Pete Halford 01647 24817
Diptford – Holly Edgington 01548 821352
Drakes - Pete Halford 01395 443871
Ilsington – Sam McCarthy-Patmore 01364 661208
Harbertonford – Anne Burns 01803 732352
Hennock - Sarah Reddington 01626 833233
Morchard Bishop - Sam Butler 01363 877328
Moretonhampstead – Alex Waterman 01647 440482
Otterton - Anne Pelosi 01395 568326
Sparkwell, All Saints - Fran McLoughlin 01752878855
Stoke Gabriel – Alice Eeles 01803 782469
Tedburn St Mary – Andy Keay 01647 61338
Widecombe-in-the-Moor - Anthony Arnold 01364 621261
Wolborough - Tracy Hoare 01626 202050
Yeoford – Chris Martin 01363 84234
The Designated Safeguarding Governor is Nanya Coles Nanya.Coles@thelink.academy
Devon County Council Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) can be reached on 01392 384964.
Remember - Never feel worried to share a concern.
It is always better to share a concern and find out later that there was nothing to worry about than not to share a concern and find out later that a child has suffered.